Gaining a professional certification is a step that sets you apart – that benchmarks your knowledge in a recognized way
Gaining a professional certification isn't easy - but then again, it's not meant to be. A professional certification sets a person apart as someone who's exceptional, who really knows his/her job.
Benefits for organisations
- Teams are trained to consistent skills levels.
- Certification provides a recognized benchmark of skills that can be aligned to organisational skills frameworks.
- Certificated people are typically more productive and work to consistent standards. A recent survey found that certification can reduce downtime, because staff members have the skills needed to cope with issues as they arise - and that certified people made more use of a product's advanced features and could deploy new products with greater ease.
- More reliable project completion: another survey showed that when 60% of a team is certified, 80% of projects are delivered on time and within budget, compared to just 40% when only 25% of the team is certified.
- Gaining certifications can be aligned to performance-related pay.
- Certification ensures that knowledge has been retained.
- Greater customer satisfaction (internal and external customers).
- Lower staff turnover.